Is it just me or are there times where posting a link to an article causes problems. Sometimes when I paste a link into a post I am creating it just sits there and stares at me until I click elsewhere on the page. Other times it looks like all is OK and when I click "Post" it all just sits there. Not sure if it's on my end on Yabberz end.
Why Yabberz is better....
I invited a friend from another blog to join us here....several times.....finally my nagging got to her and she reluctantly (to make me shut up) did so.
She is a blog meister. I have been asking her for feedback. I got this note from her last night.
"Murph, thanks for being such a Pain in the Butt (just joking...kind of). I have been at Yabberz for a while now and I love it. Why? Let me tell you.
- It's easy to post here. One stop shopping. You can do all your editing from one screen. And there are a lot of options.
- It's easy to import images and texts.
- It's easy to edit after you post.
- It's easy to respond to the posts of others.
- It looks good.
- The members really do control what is being talked about. They post the starter articles and they keep them alive with points, sharing, and ongoing replies. And members who post the best stuff are highlighted with "Pundit" status (by the way how do I get to be one of those?)
- Articles that move off of "the front page" can be put back there by new activity around the article or by action by the publishers here. I have seen articles that were dead for a week pop back up and get a whole new cycle of life.
- Sharing and Sponsoring really promotes the best stuff.
- The tone is outstanding. Facebook could learn a thing or two from the people who run this place. Those who do not play well with others are kicked out of the sandbox. Those who follow the rules, honor the contract, work with the mission, get the point of a site like this...get to stay. Simple. Respectful, honest dialogue with a minimum of meanness and flaming. Love it.
- $$$$ Support from the Members. You have told me that you contribute monthly to the site. I am willing to do so as well. Membership is worth getting to support the effort here but I know that Membership Programs are more attractive when they come with "privileges". There are also levels of membership in some places. I don't know what those would be but it's worth thinking about. From what you tell me Melissa and Mike Horton, the publishers here, are carrying the site as a public service (and that too should be publicized).
- Fixing some small glitches in functionality like the ones you pointed out to me.
- Getting e mail notification whenever you get a "chat message." The system would be better used if people got quick notification. I am on a site that actually forwards member messages to your preferred e mail automatically. That is great.
- Polling like another site we know very well allows. Just copy their system. I love responding to polls even when I don't have anything to say. I think it promotes engagement overall.
- A "in praise of" page....what our long time members are saying about Yabberz that would encourage new members and provide a means for new members to contact veterans.
- AND...lastly....following is what makes this place work. I have a radical idea....You told me that the editor here has a system that automatically attaches new members to your pundits (which someday I hope to be)...that is great. Here is another idea. Whenever you respond to a post if you give it points you automatically follow and are followed back. Build up the networks of people here.
I could say more but I am spreading the word. I want friends I post with as part of this place. There are five things the site needs.
I am sure I will other thoughts...you know me.....gabbbbbbyyyyy. Yeah, you can post it....and take the heat if there is any. HA HA HA!